Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pink Peonies

Pink Peonies
Oil, Plein Air, 6x6"


Painted from life in my garden today. 
These beautiful pink peonies come and go so quickly. 
Almost like a time-lapse, they were opening as I painted! 

Just as I was finishing the painting and ready to add my signature, there was a huge crash out on the street in front of my home (I live on a cul-de-sac). An SUV had run into a parked car and pushed it up into the neighbor's lawn! Turns out the 73-year old driver turned the corner and blacked out. He and his wife were quite shaken-up. Paramedics and police came. Thankfully no one was hurt but the driver was taken to the hospital for observation. Both cars had to be towed. Such excitement!

See below for my painting process:

1.) View of the peonies from my patio:

2.) My sketch:


3.) My block-in:


4.) Final painting:

$100 USD.
To purchase, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment