Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Wayzata Art Experience

Marquee Place, Downtown Wayzata
Oil, Plein Air, 11 x 14 inches
 


Last week I painted in Downtown Wayzata as part of the annual Wayzata Art Experience. During the week leading up to the weekend event artists were asked to paint the Wayzata area, representing downtown and the Lake Minnetonka area landmarks, scenes, and familiar surroundings, and turn in framed artwork on Saturday to be judged for awards. The week flew by and I was running out of time so I finally drove out late last Thursday evening hoping to find inspiration in a night scene with the lights. At last the lights came on and I chose to paint the old theater marquee. I painted until 11:00 p.m. that night, mosquitoes adding their barbed critiques.

No comments:

Post a Comment